North Durham Fitness is looking to hire a motivated individual to join our coaching staff as a Head Coach & Personal Trainer.
Requirements: Ideal candidates have a CrossFit Level 1 Trainer certificate and a minimum of 1 year coaching experience. Must be CPR certified or become certified within 1 month of employment.
Level 2 certifications and more experience is also desired and may increase pay opportunities. Experience writing monthly programming for group classes a plus.
- Coach 10-12 group CrossFit classes per week.
- Cover additional sessions when needed.
- Be full prepared with workout sessions notes each day.
- Greet and service walk-ins and drop-ins when necessary.
- Keep the facility clean and organized. Fulfill opening and/or closing responsibilities if required.
- Attend, assist with, and promote community events.
- Conduct Personal Training and new member On-Ramp sessions.
- Conduct Goal Review sessions with each member quarterly.
- Administrative tasks such as but not limited to
- Maintaining coaches’ schedule and time away
- Communicate to the coaches weekly upcoming events, the weekly schedule, and workout notes
- Conduct No Sweat Intros to sell membership packages/personal training
- Actively participate in social media and be prepared to create some social media content (pics/videos)
- Must be a positive and happy individual. Personality is more important than certifications. Coaches are responsible for the vibe in their class, and we strive for happy, positive classes, every time. If members leave smiling, you did your job right. We are not a competitive style box.
Hours: 6:00am and 7:00am Monday-Thursday, 4:30pm Monday and Wednesday, 5:30pm Tuesday, Saturday 10:00am rotation.
$12-$15 per hour for administrative tasks
$20-$25 per group class based on experience and certifications.
Percentage of generated revenue from personal training sessions and specialty courses.
Candidates will have the potential to earn as much as desired for a work minded individual.
The coach is also able to start up seasonal specialty classes (running, Olympic weightlifting, Teens, kids, gymnastics, etc.) that are run with a profit-sharing model, upon approval from the CEO.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Must take class 1x/week minimum. Being a part of the community is important.
- Adhere to North Durham Fitness core values inside and outside of the gym (including social media)
- Membership is included with this position.
- Be 10 minutes early to your class and stay 10 minutes after. Build relationships.
- Weekly meeting with the CEO.
All applications will be reviewed and those meeting our requirements will be contacted for an interview. Must send resume and best candidates will have (2) references.
Send resume and references to Amy Hogaboom, firstname.lastname@example.org